Thursday, 12 March 2015

Another incredibly unprofessional blog...

So this week has been far less productive than previous ones. Don't expect that classic Tadalicious™ quality from my drawings that you've come to know and love. 

My productivity came to a halt when I realised I have to to a ridiculously detailed aerial view of a city, with little people and cars and all. Ive been dodging that little doozy like a champ.

I've managed to get some final character designs for the black and white city scene though! I've made a charicature based on an old photo of my grandparents when they were hip cats in the 20s. They'll be walking together in some background scenes in the city. I've exagaratted some features to fit the style i'm going for. Cute isnt it?

 


 Here are some of the backgrounds i've put together since my last post. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed avoiding them. 

 
In this scene my character's going to walk past a window shop while a demon follows his reflection. The gramphone in the background is on a layer underneath the window layer, so I can animate the handle turning independently. Clever boy inni?

This scene's going to be a fun one, kids. The main character's going to walk onto the street and get horribly mangled by an oncoming car. Fun for all the family! Ignore the craptastic car. The actual one's going to be great. Promise.

 

One of my favourites. Merely because it's just a grey background with characters on top. The simple up and down animation should be relatively easy too. Luvvly jubbly.


This is the sorry excuse for a background i'm in the proccess of ruining. The camera's going to pan out of the main character to reveal the city's bustling streets, before suddenly zooming back in to the character's eye, transitioning nicely to the next scene/ world. 
Perspective's never been my strong point so it's been an interesting challenge for me. And by interesting I mean sould crushing. If you think i'm a drama queen now wait till I actually have to do some animation! hullaballooo I tell you!

 





Here's one of the nicer background's that i've done. It should have some interesting animation in it with the sleeping fruitseller, lounging child with his apple, surprisingly droopy newspaper seller and of course fancy cat. Look at all those bananas. It's like they're coming out of the screen.

That's it for now. Be sure to check out my blog next Thursday for the up to date news on me, Tad Davies! Cancel all your plans.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment